Re: WAS Does the world..... NOW Lighting Design

I used to plan this sort of thing - but mainly for commercial buildings
where daylight linking was used for energy saving - ie. dimming the
artificial light when daylight was sufficient.  Even did graduated daylight
linking so that for deep offices dimming got progressively higher nearer to
the windows etc...

It's a good idea to have automatic control of light levels but ensure that
the lighting that is daylight linked is low intensity. ie uplighting or
linear concealed lighting.  What kind of control are you thinking of using?
Remember to allow for bright/cloudy days when it can be very sunny and then
overcast in a minute.  On such days daylight linking can be more annoying
than beneficial.

Taking this sort of concept one step further Futronix did an installation
in
a restaurant where there wasn't any natural light available.  Artificial
skylights were made in the ceilings with different coloured lighting
behind.
The controller ran a program to mimic natural lighting.  ie. in a morning
the skylight would fade up with an orange/red sunrise....changing into
white
light.... and then at sunset fade out to orange/red...red... changing into
dark blue night sky.

Simon