Swish 400 Control using relays...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Swish 400 Control using relays...
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:40:31 -0000

Doesn't work quite as expected.
Again, it comes down to the bizzareness of X-10 Modules.

I have tried a QC69 relay from Craplins. This has a 240vac coil, and
exhibits the wierdest behaviour I have seen in a long time.

Basically, the relay when turned on behaves nicely, however, when you turn
it off, the relay buzzes, switching at a very familiar sounding 50Hz.

Needless to say, the relay when connected to the K400 opens the curtains
when power is applied, then refuses to do anything, as the relay buzzes
lots, when the X-10 moddule is off.

I am no wondering, if I disable local control, will this stop the module
"leaking" mains (about 135Vac) through the module whilst the
power is
notionally off?

the next Question is, of course.... how do you disable the Local Conrtol in
an AM12U module?

Ian.