Re: Ceiling Lights & Local Control

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Ceiling Lights & Local Control
  • From: "doogiebrodie" <doogiebrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:42:01 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@b...> wrote:
> As for wiring, well if you are going to use an LD11 you need
momentary
> contact at the switch anyway so just use the existing switch wire
to the
> fitting and change the configuration accordingly.

(at home with the pesky web interface... man those ads are annoying!)

Kenneth.....

Seeing as you've done this and all.... :D

Popped the cover off ceiling rose tonight, and it has a T&E coming
>from
go to the metal block bits where the light screws into terminals
adjacent to them...... I'm just trying to work out exactly what goes
where in the LD11..... I think I expected to see more wires up there
or something.... :S I took the switch which is currently connected to
this off... it has 3 red (I'm making no assumptions about what's L&N
here....! ;)) wires going into the 1 port on it, one red going into
the com, and all 4 black wires out of the T&Es joined in one of those
plastic block things. I can see at least 2 earths in the digi photo I
took, but since I had to turn the light circuit off and use a torch,
I'm not gonna check again for more... ;)

>from
extra red wire up there so that the momentary switch would be across
the correct terminals of the LD11..... have I misunderstood that, and
can do things fine with what's there, or should I be unscrewing the
base of the rose and looking for more wires up there to play with?

Cheers

Doogie