RE: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:32:53 -0000

Title: Message

Andy,

I so wish X10 would listen but….

I spoke to Mike Huggins about this ages ago and to Li recently and so far as I can gather, X10 want an order for, IIRC, 10,000 units before they will look at it!

If my maths is any good that’s at least £300,000 worth of modules and, knowing manufacturers, they would all have to be exactly the same. Even between 400 members 10,000 modules is a hell of a lot of modules each, an average of 25 modules a member! I’m certainly not needing 25 modules costing me *at least* £750 right at the moment thanks ;-)

K.

Yup ... had a similar conversation with Mike H just before Xmas where he said that he'd proposed an order of 5,000 units if they would produce an appliance module for the UK with status request but apparently that wasn't enough of an order! (I believe that this isn't X10 themselves though but their "Distributor" ...)

Phil

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk