RE: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:54:11 -0000

 Thanks Kenneth - it's clear just not we wanted to hear and not how I would interpret what was implied by the advertising,

This would, if the port goes high, send a command to the LD11 on housecode C1 to switch on at 50%, the module (if off) would rise to 50% and stop. If the module was already on at 100% then it would dim down to 50%.

[[K]]  Yep - shame though the module has to switch on first and then ramp - you can't preset a level when the lamp is off which would be my logical way of seeing this (you could then just send an ON command)

Does HomeSeer and/or Activehome support the extended X10 command set?

[[K]]  Yes - The goto level command in HS appears to issue the same (extended) X10 command as HV using the X10 device directly to level xx command.

From what I gather reading the posts here they do not, all you have is the Leviton commands, which I don’t think are the same thing and that’s why the results are erratic.

[[K]]  I think these are the same thing - in HS there is only a setup for Standard Dim (repeated commands), Preset Dim (doesn't work and is not an extended code anyway) and Leviton dim which works and is identified by HV as extended type and appears the same command as HV sends

I hope that clarifies it a bit.

[[K]]  Yep it does - thanks Kenneth - it's just such a shame that we are deprived of features when they are just existing firmware after all. The status response requires extra electronics of course and is present in the DIN switch unit AD10U.

[[K]] It's a bit chicken and egg re X10 and the US market got itself over the level. We are punished with poor spec products and then chastised for poor sales. The then large stock piles mean they don't want to introduce new versions as that would obsolete stock. How to kill a market eh !

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk