Re: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:49:02 -0000

The problem that I've found with the X10 stuff is that there's not
much info provided by the manufacturer - My set of LD11's each came
with a huge sheet of instructions, most in other languages and for
the whole range of X10 products with only a small paragraph on the
LD11!

What we need is in-depth manufacturers specs, modes of operation,
what the unit will/won't respond to etc.

Paul.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Baker, R Keith" <keith.r.baker@r...>
wrote:
> frustrated - yep.  I find it really hard to comprehend that with
all the web based house control and fancy systems
> that people are adding, that I can't get info on such a simple
thing like "how do you change the ramp rate on an LD11".

> At least I have got lots of info to allow me to know what the LD11
will do.

> cheers everyone
>
> Keith

quotes but...I have been trying this recently too - and despite the
info copied from the adjacent thread [UKHA Wandsworth switch pics
up - dim thread - which controller] re LD11 documentation copied
here ....posted by Keith Baker.. (who appears very frustrated on
finding this info too...)

> "The LD11 also responds to professional X-10. Combined with the
memory dim feature, the LD11 can change the room lighting instantly
or progressively."

> and
>
> "Soft (fixed) start and stop with STANDARD X10 and programmable
start and stop rates with PROFESSIONAL X10 protocol."

> and also this posting by David Anamudu in the Comfort Technical
newsgroup

> > > I have been playing with ActiveHome and HomeSeer, and have
been able to
> > get
> > > the ld11 units to 'soft start' to differing brightneses, and
also to go
> > > immediately to different brightnesses.
>
> David is now not able to repeat this and I have been unable to get
anything working using any X10 commands (Homeseer / Homevision /
ECS / Leopard etc) - My conclusion is that any go immediate to level
function or any 'preset the level function (whilst turned off)' is
not implemented. Also any change of ramp speed is not possible. I
think the ramped change is unavoidable. Unless someone knows
better.... Can anyone switch an LD11 ON instantly at a set
brightness ?

>         Kevin

I'll "reset"
> the dim level to 100% by turning it on, setting the level, then
turning it
> off again. I'll do it as part of my daily reset routine which runs
at 05:30
> every morning.
>
> This is for the bathroom lights, where there will be a sensor
switch just
> inside the door for "normal" operation of the light, and for
highest WAF,
> this should operate as normal as possible, i.e. come on at 100%
brightness.
> However, I do intend to have some PIR activated lighting responses
active
> during the night-time period to automatically turn the lights on
at only
> about 30% brightness whenever the bathroom door is opened, and we
have gone
> to bed...
>
> ways and means.....
>
> Paul G.
>

> >From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@b...>
> >To: <ukha_d@y...>
> >Subject: RE: [ukha_d] LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)
> >Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:53:40 -0000
> >
> >AFAIK, this is not possible as you are not sending an X10 signal
back to
> >the controller from a momentary switch.
> >
> >If you want the level to change you could do what I used to do
with the
> >old firmware LD10's. That is at, say 10.30pm, the lights came on
and set
> >to the level required, set a flag in HV so HV could track the
status of
> >the lights and then switched them back off again. That way the
lights,
> >until they reset in the morning, were dimmed for night-time
operation,
> >worked okay if not ideal.
> >
> >HTH
> >
> >K.

turning
it on,
> >so
> > > that
> > > the next time it is manually operated from the momentary
switch, it
> >will
> > > come on at that level. I need to do this from Homeseer. (no
problem
> >doing
> > > it
> > > via script)
> > >
> > > I've got the LD11 device set as "Leviton dim" in
Homeseer - If
I set
> >it to
> > > "Preset dim", then dim & bright commands sent
from the
Homeseer GUI
> >are
> > > not
> > > actioned.
> > >
> > > If I send it a hs.exec10 script command with the
"preset dim"
> >parameter,
> > > it
> > > does precisely nothing, same goes for using the
"extended"
parameter.
> > > Using
> > > the "dim" or "bright" paramters turns
the unit on at the
specified

http://messenger.msn.com <http://messenger.msn.com>

<http://www.automatedhome.co.uk>
> Post message: ukha_d@y...
> Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@y...

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
Service.

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
705041992:HM/A=847665/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?
bHlhaG9vbW9uc3RlcjcuZGF0=1014210080%
3eM=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705041992:HM/A=8476
65/R=1>
>   <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=1705041992:HM/A=84766
5/rand=348886480>