-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Watt [mailto:kennwatt@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 3:37 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: RE: [ukha_d] LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)

Trying to clear it up a bit…here goes!

"The LD11 also responds to professional X-10. Combined with the memory dim feature, the LD11 can change the room lighting instantly or progressively."

Yes and no. Memory dim is easy we all know about that. Change the room lighting instantly or progressively, well I have not seen this other than the go to level 63 command which would bring the lights on at 100% immediately. If I set an LD11 to change from level YY to level XX it does so progressively and this is using the extended X10 commands in HV.

and

"Soft (fixed) start and stop with STANDARD X10 and programmable start and stop rates with PROFESSIONAL X10 protocol."

Yes, this is correct.

Soft start = >from the lamp slowly comes up to the programmed light level set by an extended command you can choose from level 1 to level 62, or from a momentary it rises to the last level that the module was set to in the memory.

Soft Off = switch off by momentary or X10 command the module dims the lights then switches off.

What is meant by programmable start and stop rates is that you can go to a pre-determined level by using the extended command without having to switch off or on first.

For example in HV:

If

          Input Port B2 is high

Then

          X10 C1 (Lounge Lights) Set directly to level 31

End If

This would, if the port goes high, send a command to the LD11 on housecode C1 to switch on at 50%, the module (if off) would rise to 50% and stop. If the module was already on at 100% then it would dim down to 50%.

and also this posting by David Anamudu in the Comfort Technical newsgroup

Ø  > I have been playing with ActiveHome and HomeSeer, and have been able to
> get
> > the ld11 units to 'soft start' to differing brightneses, and also to go
> > immediately to different brightnesses.

Does HomeSeer and/or Activehome support the extended X10 command set?

From what I gather reading the posts here they do not, all you have is the Leviton commands, which I don’t think are the same thing and that’s why the results are erratic.

David is now not able to repeat this and I have been unable to get anything working using any X10 commands (Homeseer / Homevision / ECS / Leopard etc) - My conclusion is that any go immediate to level function or any 'preset the level function (whilst turned off)' is not implemented. Also any change of ramp speed is not possible. I think the ramped change is unavoidable. Unless someone knows better.... Can anyone switch an LD11 ON instantly at a set brightness ?

With HV at least I can assure that the extended commands *do* work as I use them on at least, from memory, six modules that are in daily use, and frequent daily use at that!

The command is “Set X10 device directly to XX” where XX is the level to set between 1 and 62, or 63 for 100% immediately and this works fine for me. I’ll have a look later and see if there are any other extended commands, but from memory that’s the only one that differs from the standard X10 commands available.

AFAIK, and I said the same in another post on this subject, you *cannot* bring any X10 device immediately on at a preset brightness or switch immediately to a level without the module ramping up or down as the case may be.

I hope that clarifies it a bit.

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk