RE: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:31:47 +0000

I have tested and verified this morning that I CAN get an LD11 to come on
instantly at 100% bright, with no ramp up from off. - I can only do this
for
the 100% level though, - any other level selected soft starts from 0%.

This is using Homeseer with the LD11 device configured as Leviton dim.
either from the GUI or from a script, if I send it a "Dim to
100%" command
whilst it is switched OFF, i goes instantly to full brightness. If it is
already ON, and at some other brightness, then it ramps IIRC.

Oh, and I can only get it to do it via an X10 command of course! - I want
be able to replicate the same functionality from the local control, but I
don't think its possible...

Paul G.

>From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)
>Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:00:30 -0000
>
>     There are two very similar threads here so sorry to mix the quotes
>but...I have been trying this recently too - and despite the info
copied
>from the adjacent thread [UKHA Wandsworth switch pics up - dim thread -
>which controller] re LD11 documentation copied here ....posted by Keith
>Baker.. (who appears very frustrated on finding this info too...)
>
>"The LD11 also responds to professional X-10. Combined with the
memory dim
>feature, the LD11 can change the room lighting instantly or
progressively."

>and
>
>"Soft (fixed) start and stop with STANDARD X10 and programmable
start and
>stop rates with PROFESSIONAL X10 protocol."
>
>and also this posting by David Anamudu in the Comfort Technical
newsgroup

> > > I have been playing with ActiveHome and HomeSeer, and have
been able
> > get
> > > the ld11 units to 'soft start' to differing brightneses, and
also to
>go
> > > immediately to different brightnesses.
>
>David is now not able to repeat this and I have been unable to get
anything
>working using any X10 commands (Homeseer / Homevision / ECS / Leopard
etc)
>-
>My conclusion is that any go immediate to level function or any 'preset
the
>level function (whilst turned off)' is not implemented. Also any change
of
>ramp speed is not possible. I think the ramped change is unavoidable.
>Unless
>someone knows better.... Can anyone switch an LD11 ON instantly at a
set
>brightness ?
>
>         Kevin

(no problem
>   >doing
>   > > it
>   > > via script)
>   > >
>   > > I've got the LD11 device set as "Leviton dim" in
Homeseer - If I set
>   >it to
>   > > "Preset dim", then dim & bright commands
sent from the Homeseer GUI
>   >are
>   > > not
>   > > actioned.
>   > >
>   > > If I send it a hs.exec10 script command with the
"preset dim"
>   >parameter,
>   > > it
>   > > does precisely nothing, same goes for using the
"extended"
>parameter.
>   > > Using
>   > > the "dim" or "bright" paramters turns
the unit on at the specified