RE: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:11:32 +0000

Bummer. - that'll explain why I can't get it toi work then!

Oh well, I guess I'll have o do it like you say, - every day, I'll
"reset"
the dim level to 100% by turning it on, setting the level, then turning it
off again. I'll do it as part of my daily reset routine which runs at 05:30
every morning.

This is for the bathroom lights, where there will be a sensor switch just
inside the door for "normal" operation of the light, and for
highest WAF,
this should operate as normal as possible, i.e. come on at 100% brightness.
However, I do intend to have some PIR activated lighting responses active
during the night-time period to automatically turn the lights on at only
about 30% brightness whenever the bathroom door is opened, and we have gone
to bed...

ways and means.....

Paul G.

>From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] LD11 preset question (with Homeseer)
>Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:53:40 -0000
>
>AFAIK, this is not possible as you are not sending an X10 signal back
>the controller from a momentary switch.
>
>If you want the level to change you could do what I used to do with the
>old firmware LD10's. That is at, say 10.30pm, the lights came on and
set
>to the level required, set a flag in HV so HV could track the status of
>the lights and then switched them back off again. That way the lights,
>until they reset in the morning, were dimmed for night-time operation,
>worked okay if not ideal.
>
>HTH
>
>K.

Homeseer - If I set
>it to
> > "Preset dim", then dim & bright commands sent from
the Homeseer GUI
>are
> > not
> > actioned.
> >
> > If I send it a hs.exec10 script command with the "preset
dim"
>parameter,
> > it
> > does precisely nothing, same goes for using the
"extended" parameter.
> > Using
> > the "dim" or "bright" paramters turns the
unit on at the specified