Wandsworth switch pics up - dim thread - which controller

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Wandsworth switch pics up - dim thread - which controller
  • From: "Baker, R Keith" <keith.r.baker@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:22:44 -0000

Thanks Kenneth

>from
It goes from 0 to 31 rather than 0 to 63.

Well, I can't seem to find any controller that does what I want not even
sure what that is now! There seems to be many (incompatible?) X10
extensions.

I guess I should by a cheap PC controller like the basic CM12. I assume
that will as least do the "set the LD11 to a given dim level".
will it?

keith

(absolute) dim
> levels
> > (one X10 command), or send multiple relative commands (with
> a hack of
> > multiple dims in one command to speed it up). The latter great
for
> non-
> > LD11's. The effect in both cases is a gradual change in lighting
> level.
> > Hope I got that all right.
> >
> > Now for the more fun stuff.
> >
> > According to the LD11 dimmer manuals I have seen on line they
state:

> > "The LD11 also responds to professional X-10. Combined with
> the memory
> dim
> > feature, the LD11 can change the room lighting instantly or
> > progressively."
> >
> > and
> >
> > "Soft (fixed) start and stop with STANDARD X10 and
> programmable start
> and
> > stop rates with PROFESSIONAL X10 protocol."
> >
> > So you can program the rate from instant to very slow (I guess
the
> default
> > is somewhere in between).
> >
> > Is anyone using these functions?
> >
> > I've been trying to find out whether the controllers available to
us
> and
> > the one that I am interested in (the Leopard) can send out these
> > "professional" commands.
> >
> > Do all the controller software programs have the X10 commands
> programmed
> > in and you just click a radio button to say send this type
> of command
> OR
> > is it possible to specify (at a lower level) the sequence of bits
> make
> > up any special command?
> >
> > keith

HomeVision and
> > > that takes the lamp smoothly to the given level (64
> levels - 0 off,
> > > 63 on instantly and 62 full bright smoothly). Did read
somewhere
> > > about the preset dim command but don't know if it works
> with the UK
> > > LD11 and whether that gives an 'instantaneous dim level'.
Anyone?

<keith.r.baker@r...> wrote:
> to a given
> > > level command, do it instantly or smoothly, by default?

attachments is
> > > confidential to Roke
> > > without permission. This
create or