Re: Re: OT: WiFi CF Cards

> Just had a conversation with their IT manager. She's more that a bit
> grateful that I told her.

I told the chap who served us as we left that they should get someone in
about security as we'd 'hacked' their network before our meal.  His
response
was 'seriously?' to which I responded 'yes!'.  He looked quite worried, as
he'd seen the laptop on the table, the wireless card poking out the side,
and two techies tapping away furiously!

> Apparantly the whole wireless thing is set up by an external
contractor
> who she is about to phone up and shout at ;-)

I should hope so too.  They could have done the same thing by buying an AP
for £150 and plugging it into their network.  Would be no less secure.
Luckily, both of us who were responsible for looking at their network
infrastructure have security clearance and cannot do anything nasty or we
may lose our jobs!

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System