RE: Re: OT: WiFi CF Cards

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: OT: WiFi CF Cards
  • From: "Tony Butler" <tony@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:38:35 -0000

That's a lie - not much in it - I was comparing the symbol price with
the one from the Socket website - 177 quid!
The expansys price is more reasonable.
Looking at these two cards, I wonder if they are actually the same but
rebadged?  Trouble is I can't see anything on the Symbol website about
the idle mA drawn by their card......

Tony

wrote:

> on the Dlink
> quickly,
> should do). Oh
> > > >

> > > Now question about it Orinoco silver or gold depending on if
you
> > need
> > > compatibility with a corporate system with higher
encryption.

> > > Reasons:-
> > >
> > > Orinoco has a proved track record, Mark & I have tested
> it with the
> > > WAP11 and it works very well, compared with the Linksys card
its
> > in a
> > > different league.
> > >
> > > Orinoco cards are very widespread used by a lot of
corporate, they
> > are
> > > good about drivers so you have a high chance that the card
will be
> > > supported on most OS's including Pocket PC Linux etc. I
> use them on
> > > W2K,WXP,epod's,ipaq no problem
> > >
> > > Many on the wireless cards bit that sticks out of the device
look
> > like
> > > it will just drop off, the Orinoco cards look a bit more
> > substantial
> > >
> > > If you need a external gain antenna they take one. The 2.5
dB one
> > is
> > > about 40 quid if you know where to go.
> > >
> > > If I was asked to swap one Silver card for two Linksys cards
the
> > answer
> > > would be No!
> > >
> > > But hang on a minute you are getting cards on the bulk buy
in a
> > couple
> > > of days you will find out how good they are ;-)
> > >
> > > John

> > FREE CreditCheck Monitoring Service trial
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA>
/IBOolB/TM