RE: OT Group Policies on W2k Domain Controller Help

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT Group Policies on W2k Domain Controller Help
  • From: "P Murgatroyd" <pmurgatroyd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:15:23 -0000

John,

Working with the AD in large multinational organisation we probably do
it slightly more complicated than you want but this is how we do it on
our AD...

We create a MD redirection security group, for example in Madrid, its
called  ESMD-GPO-TV2-SPMDSRV001-MD (but that's not really important..)

We then create a policy for redirection, just like you have, except we
create an advanced one, using the security group descibed above (some
sites have more than one file server).  As you you have done, all is set
up in the same way and then applied.  What you then need to do is click
on properties of the GPO and click the permissions tab, from here you
need to add the MD security group and at the bottom of the permissions
listing, you will see words to the effect of "Apply Group Policy"
this
needs to be ticked, I believe that there are two options, one is apply
and the other is deny

It's a while since we set up MD redirection up, but that's all the
details you should need.

Give it a go and see what happens.

Hope that helps

Paul