RE: Re: Telephone Over Cat5

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Telephone Over Cat5
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:33:01 -0000

Three possibilities

1. You have phones not designed for the UK
2. All your adapters are Masters with the capacitor in them
3. You never receive calls so dont notice that the bells dont ring :-)

When I wired Mark's panel we connected all 8 wires. Could come in useful for IR distribution using a doubler and the spare wires which would be commoned to any room you patched to. It doesnt do any harm to wire the extra pairs up and only takes a few seconds. It takes much longer if you find you need to do it later.

Keith