Re: Using CAT5 as speakers cable...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Using CAT5 as speakers cable...
  • From: "nick_towers2000" <nickt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:53:26 -0000

Someone I know did this, connecting the 8 Cat5 wires into 2 lots of 4
connected together to effectivly form a 2 core wire. It works &
assuming you won't need it too loud there shouldn't be a problem. The
HiFi freaks will get sniffy mind...
Suggest you keep it away from your network & telephone sockets
though. I assume it's too late to feed some more suitable wire
through?

Nick

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
> I know, I know....
> It's nowhere near Hi Fi quality, but I just wonder if I can connect
speakers
> in bedroom with amplifier in living room, what the sound will be
like.
> Is there any danger to amplifier? Even if I patch it wrong (e.g. to
Ethernet
> switch, by mistake).
>
> The other alternative is more expensive and complicated (KAT5 +
amplifier)
> and still I don't know how should I regulate volume on that amp. I
suppose
> that it should be "proper" amp then with remote, not the
compact
one, and