From: Steven Dickson [mailto:sdickson@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 February 2002 14:00
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: [ukha_d] OT: ADSL

Guys,

about to take the plunge and order the ADSL for the house - looks like I'll go for the eclipse wires only package and buy a router / modem.  Just wanted to confirm with those guys that are using the service that the level of service is good, and that this is the correct option to eventually run CWI etc.  I'm a bit out of depth here so help me.  My understanding is that I cannot run ADSL from the pipex deal, so the extra couple of quid to get the static IP's and no port blocking is the way to go.

Did those of you manage to get around the splitter on every extension successfully by using the patch panel method and running your extensions out over the structured wiring with cat 5. I will already have the rats tail adaptor by the end of the week, so swmbo will complain if these adaptors are daisy chained from every phone 'ahem... cat 5 socket'?

Hardware options seem to be from seg.co.uk or are there any better offers out there?

James what did you get and what's the verdict?  Would preferably like something with a built in firewall so that I have a bit of peace of mind, but built in hub isn't too important as I presume I can just uplink to my existing hubs - is this correct.

Last thing anybody want their name on the referred by box on the eclipse order form?

Thanks,

Steve

This message is confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s) only and remains the property of
Exchange FS Group plc. You should not disclose its contents
to any other person. If you are not the intended recipient
please notify the sender named above immediately.

Registered Office: Munro House, Portsmouth Road, Cobham,
Surrey, KT11 1TE. Registered in England No. 2596452