RE: Cheapest Pronto

> I've noticed that all of my AV stuff has the same button to
> power on as to power off.
> So how do you set it up to turn all your equipment on or off,
> if someone has powered
> on from the equipment itself?

Check out www.remotecentral.com there are lots of device codes there.
Some kit has discrete on/off IR commands, which are preferred, so you can
guarantee to turn off a device whatever state it is in.
Most remotes unfortunately seem to use a toggle, so if device is on and you
send the IR code, it turns it off.  If devices is off, it turns on etc.
This buggers things up if all devices are not in a 'known' state (eg all
off) before you hit the 'all ON' button on the pronto :(

> Can the pronto have variables so that it can remember
> that I have powered on the amp and then configure the volume
> keys to be the amp volume
> rather than the TV volume, which it would be if just the TV was on?

Mine is by no means set up 'properly', but ATM, I have the vol buttons
controlling the AMP volume no matter which device (DVD, Sky etc) is
selected, EXCEPT when the TV is selected, they control the TV volume.  This
is because SWMBO is pronto-adverse & prefers to use the inferior TV
sound
and RF sky for her viewing pleasure.  This means when I want to watch TV, I
have to turn down the TV volume, turn on the AMP..etc...

HTH,

Tony