RE: Database for when it all goes wrong

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Database for when it all goes wrong
  • From: "Aidan Williamson" <fluff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 00:31:53 -0000

Been thinking of something similar myself. Was contemplating spinfree for
my
CDs as that alone is probably 5K & insurers aren't fans of CD claims.

My min thought on this is that if you use anything not widely used
access/mysql etc keep a backup of the software with the data CDs so can be
recovered easily, and burn a new copy every year or so, keeps it up to date
+ CDs can die (less common now)

Aidan