RE: IR Tx/Rx

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Tx/Rx
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:32:10 -0000

Ahhhh. This circuit is *not* powered from the Serial Port (although the
original UIRT was) My version of the circuit is powered by a Y-Splitter
Power Cable on one of the Hard Drives in the server...

Extra useful because it provides +5 for the UIRT and +12 for the IR Bus,
although extra nervous-inducing when testing new modules. probably don't
want to fry my PC PSU!

The circuit I supplied to you is the highest res on the net, lifted from
the
site of the guy who came up with the mod to the original UIRT

Ian.