RE: Video capture - multiple sources

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Video capture - multiple sources
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:39:08 -0000

Ant

- something struck me here - given everyone's obsession with occupancy
detection do we have here the bones for a system that uses very cheap mono
(L30) cameras in each room and an adaptation of your software that could
provide occupancy information on to third party applications ? The
sequential frame rate could be very low allowing just a simple single input
video card to be used.

I guess you may be able* to cope with lights going ON and OFF without
showing as occupants if they provide known shadow changes and you would
also
be able to provide info on how many occupants and where in the room they
are
? If there was some sort of empty state stored for a room then even dozing
occupants might be ongoingly identifiable. I assume gradual light changes
would be excluded anyway A centre ceiling mounted camera would have an
ideal
view though not sure if this would be easily explained to guests in the
bathroom !

Kevin

* BTW able means just that,i.e. could - I am not implying would or should
or that you have any interest in doing this at all !

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx