Re: Door Bells - Part II

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Door Bells - Part II
  • From: "tefxp" <tony.butler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:48:59 -0000

> Why not use another trigger to tell you when the doorbell has been
pressed?
>  - a popup on your PC in the office, a light on or off? or an SMS
or getting
> a to ring on a mobile - dead easy to script and simply a matter of
a quick
> bit of programming in your X10 software...

This assumes a more automated home than I have ATM.
A popup on my PC is no good if I'm playing an FPS like Counterstrike -
it wouldn't pop up over the display.
I don't have any X10 lights ATM because of the inadequacies of the
retro-fit devices I've tried
ie: socket Rocket - no local control
Wall switch (can't remember the model) - no 'come on dim' option
etc.

More an issue in the summer when everyone is in the garden partying.

Even choosing not to move it, the power socket is about 1/2 way along
the hall, so I can't have dangly leads & it wouldn't look that nice
wall mounted there......

Tony