RE: DIN LD10 light module location

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DIN LD10 light module location
  • From: "Steve Gordon" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:29:12 -0000

Steve Gordon

Gordon Solutions

0044 7956 451295

WWW.Gordonsolutions.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Bazza [mailto:bazza2000@xxxxxxx class=GramE>]
Sent
:
22 February 2002 08:18
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] DIN LD10 light module location

Hi,

I've just got a few X10 devices working around my
home
lamp and appliance modules and would now like to
start
controlling the house lights etc. using the LD10 DIN
modules.

I'm in the
UK and I've noticed that the LD10 DIN
module is normally
housed near the fuse board in a house.  Is this
true,
or can I mount it physically near to the light
itself.

[Steve Gordon] You can mount them by the light fitting provided that you have access for fuse changing etc

Mounting it nearer to the physical light would make
it
easier for wiring etc, however, less for changing
fuses etc.  Is there a preference or safety issues?
As this will
probably be in the loft, I don't mind having to go
up
there for maintenance, however, I would mind having
re-wire to a DIN box and then back to the light
everytime I wanted to add control for further
lights!!

[Steve Gordon] Quite often DIN rail units are fitted in the loft for ease of cable running

Also, can you operate this with a normal light
switch,
i.e. ON and OFF positions.  The only reason I ask is
that I remember seeing a comment in a pdf document
that states
that you can.

[Steve Gordon] If you attempt to use ‘Normal’ rocker switches with the LD10/11 the unit will ramp up and down continually when in the on position and will stop altering in the off position. To switch them from on state to another (ie on or off), you need to switch from off to on and back again almost in a single movement. So you can use them, but it will be hard work and pull switches in the bathroom are very hard to get the missus to understand…..let alone guests.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for any help.

Bazza.

http://sports.yahoo.com