Re: Pronto

On Monday 25 February 2002 18:41 pm, Phil Harris wrote:
> > Is 45 quid for a fancy charger really worth it?
>
> Yes...

Now I'd have to disagree with you there Phill. I've had my Pronto for about
2
years, and I'm only on my 3rd or 4th set of batteries for it. And yes, I
have
the backlight on.

You do go through your first set of batteries fairly quickly, setting it up
takes a lot out on them, but after that they last ~ 6 months.

Batteries are about a fiver are they for 4? So that's about 4.5 years to
payback the cost of the docking station.

What would be great in the docking station would be some kind of network
connection to allow updates to be sent to the Pronto, then it'd be worth
the
45 quid :-)

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>