RE: [ukha_d] Tivo for £199 inc VAT and Next Day Delivery

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Tivo for £199 inc VAT and Next Day Delivery
  • From: "Jonathan Bradshaw" <jonathan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:00:24 -0000

You quickly find you stop watching "live" television. It=92s a
change in
attitude about television. If you are watching live television then you
are living your life around a schedule set by the TV broadcasters. Ask
yourself why you should do that? What other consumer devices force you
to work to their schedule?

I come home, turn on the TiVo and hit the "Whats showing" option.
That=92s
my entertainment guide. Its my personal TV channel, TV when I want to
watch and how I want to watch. I have no idea when the shows I watch are
on "legacy" live television or what channel. TiVo finds them,
records
them and all I know is they are there when I want. This is the power of
simply using "season pass" and using the category browsing &
suggestions.

Each week I check the "Inside TiVo" section for interesting shows
and
I'll browse through some of the categories. Anything that looks
interesting I just select. Two tuners? Not needed. Even if shows
conflict on multiple channels, TiVo (2.5.5 upgrade feature) now will
figure out how to find the repeat showing to get both (which works
rather well).

And with my upgrade to 160GB of disk space, it finds plenty of
suggestions too :-)

Yes, Sky+ is a great thing but it=92s not a PVR (it could be, ala
DirecTiVo in the US) but right now it=92s a very nice and fancy VCR which
is probably what many people are more "comfortable" with. And it
certainly makes the broadcasters happy since they are still in control.
TiVo puts YOU in control.

--=20
Jonathan
"If you not voiding the warrenty, then you aren't trying hard
enough."
=20