RE: Day wasted: Help needed please

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Day wasted: Help needed please
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:42:28 -0000

Hi,
I use ICS for ADSL modem sharing on my network and works fine. When you start ICS, it becomes small DHCP server and DNS server with no options to configure.
It automatically uses 192.168.0.1 as IP address for machine with modem and puts 255.255.255.0 as a subnet mask.
You have no flexibility, but it works. Therefore MS doesn't recommend using it on domain controller, where you usually put proper DHCP server and DNS server.
However, I made it working on domain controller fine as well.
I use ZoneAlarm as firewall and it works without problems.
When you need to put other DNS entries (like your ddar.receiver) with ICS, you can put them in hosts file on workstations.
Cheers,
Nik