GRRR :-( HM Customs

  • To: "UKHA Discussion \(E-mail\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: GRRR :-( HM Customs
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <lists.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:45:52 -0000

Peaved is not the word......

Got a call from home today to say that my Siteplayer module had arrived.
www.siteplayer.com

Originally I was just going to get the module for $30 but opted for the
full
development kit at $99.95.

P&P was an additional $35 making a total of £94.78 approx. Before the
Parcel
Force operative would release his sweaty mits from my parcel, Sharon had to
stump up £27-05 for flaming Customs duty.

This means that what started life as a £20-00 (approx) toy to see if I can
web enable KAT5 has ended up costing me a grand total of almost £125.

Agreed I actually bought more than just the module, but total for all the
stuff I ordered was only £69-94.

Apparently because the package was marked with a value of $100 it was
liable, but it was actually 5 cents less than that :-(

If this turns out to be as useful as I think it will be I need to find a UK
supplier.

Keith