RE: Weird thought but hear me out...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Weird thought but hear me out...
  • From: "Paul Smith" <wheelbarrowhandle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:08:42 -0000

Phil,

You may want to get hold of the valve first, and then take it
with you when you go to get pipe.

I have found that the are at least 3 different types of piping
available. All come in the standard sizes, 32, 40 etc. BUT. They all
have slightly different OD sizes. This is because they are for different
type of joints.

Solvent Weld
Push Fit
Compression

I have in the past had leaks simply because existing pipes were solvent
weld and I added bits that were push fit.

Just my 2p

Regards,

Paul