RE: OT: BMWs (was USB2 on Laptops?)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: BMWs (was USB2 on Laptops?)
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:54:20 -0000

From: Kenneth Watt [mailto:kennwatt@xxxxxxx]
Sent:
28 February 2002 00:11
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] OT: BMWs (was USB2 on Laptops?)

Tim,

I'm an Alfa fan so leave it be!

Hey me too, they’re great until you scratch the paintwork and can see the Libby’s Corned beef can label showing through J Had some great fun in an Alfa 75 3.0 many years ago.

Alfa, fun and funky

Fun for the first 5,000 miles, and then they start to fall apart

BMW, cold and German

You missed out the fun part. Turn off the DSC, put the SMG into S6 mode, and watch the Alpha in your rear view mirror.

But hey each to their own, I respect your choice I'd just buy a 156 2.5

and pocket the difference :-) Maybe even buy SWMBO a new car with the

change! Everyone has their own opinion, makes their own choices and

lives with it, you like the beemers then fine, I don't have a problem

with that...but we got that message at the start of the day and I know

you really want your new toy now, but you'll just have to wait till the

nice man from BMW tells you that you can have it.

I know, but the waiting’s killing me. I do seem to remember about a year ago we had a poll, and apart from love of gadgets, one of the common threads is that we all love fast cars, fast bikes or both – and we all know where my love of fast bikes got me. Having said that a 156 2.5 is hardly a fast car, but as you said each to his own J I’ll try hard to moderate myself, but hey I’ve got to make up for all those Fujitsu postings J

Unfortunately my bank manager doesn't seem to appreciate my need for a

fast, fuel guzzling, expensive to insure and expensive to run in general

car. But it *is* fun!

My bank manager loves me. Every time I sell a car and buy a new one, I end up with more money in the bank than when I started, but maybe that’s because I buy BMWs J

Anyway this is ***way*** off topic again ;-)

You’re right it is. I’ll consider myself slapped.

Tim.