RE: PABX Suggestions...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: PABX Suggestions...
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:04:29 -0000

Not quite what you were after Ian, but certainly worth considering -
sold in the UK by BT under the Diverse brand name, but they only import
the old ones, I've bought two of the Systems direct from Germany, pdf
manuals are available in English over the net:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?J5395187

I'm a massive fan, as is Andy Bovingdon.

Try the 4175 - USB interface to the PC for configuration, fax and also
provides a T/A, up to eight cordless handsets, two corded devices (can
be door entry phones - which can be diverted to any external number if
required). Three built in answerphones which can be configured to do
different things based on time of day/day of week. Night service etc.

If you want to utilise the full power then it is actually worth
upgrading your Home Highway set-up to ISDN2e then you can add customer
controlled call forwarding, plus hold at exchange (which means when you
put a call on hold it frees up one of your B channels). I know it is not
what you asked for, but I think for 200 quid (330 Euros) quid it is the
most powerful small PBX you can buy

Keith, any idea if BT are going to start importing these? The current
Diverse ISDN is the same as the 1054 which was dropped in Germany about
4 years ago!

Tim