Re: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)
  • From: "kinchyuk" <kinchyuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:22:46 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "psghome2002" <psghome@h...> wrote:
> I've been looking at both the RCS TX15B as sold on Lets Automate=20
and=20
> the upcoming Honeywell Smartfit interface with Comfort.

I've just done my Smartfit system today. Surprisingly easy to=20
install, even for someone who doesn't usually read instructions (see=20
my post yesterday about what happened with the immersion heater!).

The Smartfit is a piece of cake to install, I've got no previous CH=20
experience, but know how to wire neatly. Not sure the configuration=20
of your system, but mine is a Y-plan, one valve for hot water and=20
central heating. The Smartfit kit will replace your valve(s) with low=20
voltage RJ11-connected units, the thermostat with a combined=20=20
programmer/stat (again low voltage, two wire - I used the existing=20
stat wiring). Also, there's a low voltage connected tank stat.

You can also replace your box, although in my case it was easier (and=20
neater) to just jumper from the existing panel to the Smartfit main=20
unit.

Seems to work nicely, haven't done any HA interfacing or the like=20
yet, but it heats water which is more than the last mess ever did.

I got my Smartfit kit from Discounted Heating=20
(http://www.discountedheating.co.uk)
for just under =A3100+VAT, you may=20
be able to find it cheaper if you hunt around. For me, it was cheaper=20
than replacing all the broken bits (timer/controller, tank stat,=20
valve locked on CH only), plus when I finally get around to it I can=20
interface it to Comfort etc.

Alex

Alex