RE: [OT] USB2 on Laptops?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] USB2 on Laptops?
  • From: "Roger" <roger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:51:38 -0000

But remember Pencil&Paper V1.0?

Main difference between USB2.0 and IEEE1394 (aka Firewire, I-Link, etc) is
that USB2.0 is master-slave in operation (ever tried connecting two masters
together?) and IEE1394 is capable of peer-peer transfers - so you can do
daisy-chaining and branching - and you don't need a PC as a master

IEEE1394 also supports isochronous transmissions so can be used for
multiple
audio channels, or multiple MIDI channels without messing up the packet
timing.

And of course IEEE1394b is comming - 3.2Gb/s

Roger Shingler