RE: [OT] USB2 on Laptops?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] USB2 on Laptops?
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:36:51 -0000

> Well, it's faster by a whole 80 Mbits, which isn't that much
> when you are already at 400. Personally, I really don't see
> USB 2 going anywhere.

I reckon that apart from video editing where it has become the defacto
consumer level digital video interface, USB2 will pretty much wipe out
FireWire - its one "safe" refuge, Apple, already supports USB and
which
interface will developers design for? Economics dictate the the more
widely available interface is going to win out.

USB1.x and USB2.0 devices will work on either interface (at the lowest
common speed of course) so there is *NO* downside to USB2.

Phil