Re: SoundBlaster Live Optical Add-On - Anyone know of one ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: SoundBlaster Live Optical Add-On - Anyone know of one ?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:33:50 +0000

Is there a reason, (other than being tight-arses) that digital cables are
always only about 18 inches long? - is there a technical limitation to the
length of them? (and if so what is it?)

I really would have expected optical cables to be able to go to quite
significant lengths, but I've never seen or been able to find one longer
than the mysterious 18". (I''ve not looked *that* hard though...)

I have a PC that's about 3 metres from my Dolby amp, that is currently
connected with an analogue mini-jack to twin-phono cable, but as both have
available digital connectors, I wouldn't mind trying to hook them up that
way...

Paul G.