RE: Cheapest Pronto

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cheapest Pronto
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:58:15 -0000

Don't get me wrong, I think the stuff has its place - I would love BMW
to produce an mp3 player to stick in the boot of my next car which will
work with their integrated head unit.

On the brief tests I've done playing through my Arcam DVD player at
sensible bit-rates, mp3 is perfectly acceptable for wallpaper music. The
limitations only show up when you sit in the "hot-spot" of a
ridiculously overpriced Hi-Fi set up properly by someone who has far too
much time on his hands.

On the subject of car Hi-Fi, I've been told by a mate in the car trade
that I'd be wise to fit the GPS/widescreen TV head unit in my next car -
as with all the enquiries he gets for late model high spec cars the
first question he is asked is "does it have satnav?". I just hope
that
by the time they actually build the thing the price has dropped from the
current 2 grand!

Pisses me off. Fit it in a Ford it costs 400 quid. Fit it in a BMW - 2
grand!

Tim