RE: Automatic login to server?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Automatic login to server?
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:29:46 -0000

remember, if your windows 9x desktop password is not set the same as your
Server password,
you will authenticate against the server fine, but will be prompted for the
password again.

This can give double password boxes, or if server autologin is enabled,
mean
you get the
behaviour described.

Try using the Control Panel> Passwords dialog to change the desktop and
network passwords to a new value,
then update the registry key for autologon to the new password.

Ian.