RE: Craplins Staff update for Glasgow...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Craplins Staff update for Glasgow...
  • From: "John Risby" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:48:12 -0000

yes, my nearest store is terrible. apart from the fact they now shut at
3pm due to the fact it is in a dodgy area (cheetham hill, just near
Manchester city centre, but far away enough to be ignored by the
police). They were having too many robberies so now you are buggered if
you can't make it between 9a and 3pm. they currently have a
"bouncer" -
seriously - who just stands around all day doing nothing. he is big, but
he looks like a student. in fact, i thought he was a visiting area
manager when i first saw him. how he would stop two guys with a sawn-off
shotgun, i don't know. poor sod.

oh, btw - they used the crime excuse to shut the shop on sunday too...
hmmm...

anyway, i was in recently asking for something (nothing exotic) and the
guy said "oh, sorry, not in stock" and another staff member
walked past
and said "ha, just for a change".

sums them up basically.

ps. the staff themselves are nice and friendly.

I've given up on Maplins since they're just so poorly stocked

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx