Homevision tv display problems.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Homevision tv display problems.
  • From: "Eamon O'Gorman" <eamonogorman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:15:46 -0000

Hopefully someone can help ,me with this one.

 I have until recently been using a modulator to display hv menu system over the tvs throughout the house. I'v just been doing a bit of reconfiguring of this, as I want to get HV to display CID info over external video.

How I've done this is by feeding video out of my cable box, through hv, and then into the video in, of my video player. The picture quality, is only ok ?. The top bit of the screen is blury, and the colour is not as strong or sharp as you would expect. Any ideas as to what I can do to improve this ?.

Also,     I know the video in and out is working on HV, but what is the best way to get it to display text over external video as a test (I cant seem to get this to work).

  I have HAL2000, and was hoping to use this to display the CID info, and I notice that it does seem to do someting to the picture (I notice a flicker) when it recognises CID comming in, but fails to display text. Anyway, unless I can improve the picture quality through HV, I dont think I'm going to be using the external vodeo function.

  Is anyone using this function and how tdo you find the picture quality ?
Thanks,
Eamon

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor