> IR signal to HV from the Pronto:
> Set flag "party mode"
> At your specified time for shutdown:
> If
> 	Flag "party mode" is not set
> Then
> 	X10: <Whatever Amp> Off
> End If
>
> Normality returns as part of the nightly shutdown, again IR
> from Pronto:
>
> If
> 	Flag "party mode" is set
> Then
> 	Clear flag "party mode"
> 	X10: <Whatever Amp> Off
> End If

Yes I can see this would work.  Not ideal (nothing is) as will have to set
'normally off' time to be late enough not to interfere with the odd night
of
normal late nocturnal activity (I'm referring to staying up to watch then
end of some crap movie/extra long DVD before the smut jokes start!!!) as
well as party time.  Again, it wouldn't to to be about to find out
whodunnit
at 5 past midnite for the system to then cut out!!  Setting the times then
to say 1am-7am reduces the savings being made, but still, it's a reasonable
enough compromise.
I've not played with Homeseer enough yet to know how sophisticated it is.

> Or too be even simpler you could just tell the amps to
> shutdown when you
> start your bedtime routine, assuming you have one, I do this using a

Nope, not apart from 'brush teeth, hop into bed, lights out' :-)
I can see the attraction though if I had loads of AM12's to pressing one
button and turn off the Tv, the amps, the video (which is so old it doesn't
even have a power save mode!) etc.   Though going too far results in
situations of turning everything off, but you really wanted to keep the
bedroom telly on because of program X which I want to continue to watch in
bed.....

Turning on then may be an issue too - or can the IR->10 controller (not
got
one yet) be smart enough that if it receives a TV power on signal (because
SWMBO has used original TV remote & not Pronto which she simply doesn't
get
on with) then it will know to send an X10:ON to the relevant AM12?  IE, the
X10 IR jobbie is interpreting a signal originally destined for the TV, not
special X10 IR command (which the pronto could easily do) to switch on a
particular module.  This would mean I could turn everything OFF at night
and
then in the morning, if I forget, SWMBO can just point remote TV @ TV, hit
ON, switching on both the AM12 and the TV (from 'standby') in one fell
swoop!

SWMBO doesn't get on so well with the pronto because she mixes &
matches
remotes and everything is not always in a defined state - this is a problem
where I only have toggle codes for power functions etc and someone presses
the 'system on' button which ends up turing the TV OFF, VCR on, Amp OFF etc
instead of turning everything ON.  I wouldn't want the same thing to happen
if I X10-up the power sockets too......

> simple IR signal to HV from the Pronto. I assume that you would not
> start a bedtime routine whilst a party was going on! You can initiate

You never know your luck! :O

cheers,

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com