Power triggering

I have a couple of Parasound Zamps as part of my multirooms system (sadly
v1
not v2, else no need for this post) which are permanently on.
In a vague attempt to be greener, I think this is a waste of electricity
and
want to stop this.
Options are: X10 appliance modules on a timer (which I know was about to be
suggested!) to turn them off say from 12pm-7am.
Okay, but what about that late night party where we want music all night?
Bit of a bugger if the power cuts in mid song :(

The ZAMP can be triggered on if a 9-12V signal is presented to an
appropriate orifice.  So what I'd like to do is have something which can
'read' the line in to the amp (ideally not degrading the signal quality of
course because I'm splitting the signal) and will send said voltage to the
amp to power on.
I assume the amp needs the signal contuniously (or near enough) so that it
doesn't keep switching on/off so (half remembering electronics 101) I'm
thinking I need something with a capacitor with a relatively long discharge
so that a signal is still presented when there are gaps between songs.
Needs to be up to a minute I guess because the CD changer can take 30-40
seconds to switch CD's (I know I know - I need a 2nd changer.  And an MP3
server :-)).

Is there something like that on the market?  Ot something someone has
cobbled together?
NB: For those KAT5 list ppl out there, this is not quite the same as the
thingy I mentioned in that list - though not totally dissmilar either!

cheers,

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com