Re: Wireless - what range?

> > > My application is the same, to a friend across a field,
about 100m
> > > away maybe. I want to do voice and picture comms. At least
then
> > > he'll be able to get through to me when I'm on the Internet!
> >
> > If it's only 100m & across a field, why not just run some
Cat5 over
there in
> > some trunking?
>
> Ah, sadly I was generalising a little bit. I'm on the bottom bit of a
> shaped estate, so there are a couple of houses, a road, and
> another row of houses to get past before said field.
>
> Wireless it has to be.

RONJA?  http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/ronja/

It's essentially a CAT5 cable using an optical link at 10Mbps.  You'll need
some sort of routing at each end if you're on a 10/100 network at home.  A
10Mbps card in your server should be enough when bridged to your network.

Andy
--
PC-Based Multimedia System
http://www.andylaurence.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcbmms