RE: Rio Receiver Help

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Rio Receiver Help
  • From: "Graham P. Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:27:22 -0000

Pretty good price, it is unlikely you would get one cheaper, but watch out
=
for any duty charges.

> My questions are: Is this a good price ? Does anyone=20
> recommend getting them
> ? Any good/bad stories about them ? Are there going to be any problems
> getting a US one rather than a UK one ? Are they selling them=20
> off as they
> are problems/it's old stock/something new is coming out ?
>=20
I can definitely recommend getting them, I brought a few in from the US
las=
t year. There is no UK version as far as I know, but you can certainly
just=
plug a UK lead in and it will work fine. This may well be old stock, but I=
have not heard of a replacement yet.

> As far as the Rio website suggests, all I'll need to do is=20
> get a UK figure
> of 8 mains lead, and just plug it straight in.
>=20
> Any advice/guidance, as I'm beginning to think the only hope I have of
> getting a Rio is to import it, as all UK distributers seem to=20
> be out of
> stock permanently.
>=20
UK supplies seem to be non-existent, I have not heard of anyone getting a
u=
nit from the UK suppliers yet.

> Cheers,
>=20