RE: Power triggering

> Depends exactly what you want...... Do you really mean switch on the

What I mean is that at night, I want to put the TV into standby mode (SWMBO
usually
does this ATM), then switch off the X10 appliance module it's plugged into,
so no
power being used at all (apart from, of course by the X10 module - probably
more
power in fact than the TV uses in standby :-)).
I would eventually be turning off other stuff too, so a single button press
will
kill all these devices.

In the morning, I want SWMBO to be able to pick up the TV remote, press
'Power on' and
have it turn on the appliance module to power the TV, which should come on
in standby
mode, which then actually comes on (because of the button she's pressing).
She is still Pronto-averse (I say 'tell me how you want it set up and I'll
do it'.  She
never does, so she still complains it doesn't do what she wants to
do......)
so will
probably continue to use the original TV remote.  This is why the X10 IR
module must be
able to pick up on the TV ON signal and send a signal to the relevant
appliance module
(or more likely to a virtual HS module to then send it for me....)

> HomeVision is) and then running things based on that. Much
> simpler would
> be to have an IR->X10 box (IR543) and a remote control which sent a
> command to the TV and an X10 command to the IR box.

These appear now to be discontinued (according to lets automate) but if
they
are replaced by
the IR7243 then this will not do as it 'will only respond to X10 IR
signals'.
Which would mean SWMBO having to either use the pronto & have it send
two
codes (unlikely!) or
using the learning bit on the TV remote (think it has one...) and having to
press the learned X10 on
button followed by the TV on button - again not likely.  It's not that
SWMBO
is unreasonable, just
that she sees no advantage in pressing two buttons over the current one
button operation.

cheers,

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com