RE: Power triggering

> If you don't want lights to come on full blast then use LD11's, a far

Great!  Except I'm not in a position to rewire the house - again - and
having all the upstairs lights come on at once is probably not ideal
when SWMBO just wants the bedroom light on :(

> As for your morning scenario that doesn't happen at all, the point of
> When I get up, or sometimes don't bother, I have a macro that
> fires and
> returns the house to normal operation, but this is fully automated! It
> runs at sunrise, or if sunrise has not been reached by a specific time

So I either need one of those dusk/dawn jobbies to detect sunrise/set or I
just decide that everything is 'On' at 7am or something?
By everything I mean that the Tv socket would be powered etc (but still
standby mode)
so SWMBO can turn them on/off as required....

> Let me put it this way, my other half has to be able to press
> one of two
> buttons to control the house...period! All she has to do is
> either tell
> the house that she is going to bed alone or that we are both going to
> bed. Now I'd wager money that as the kid gets a bit older that she may

Nice.  What do you have - a mini/maxi controller or timer maybe by the
bedside which sends
a signal to a virtual device in HV which then switchs on/off the actual
devices?
(Am I getting the hang of this yet????)

I could get away with a minitimer on the basis that it is an alarm clock
(though she was just given
a clock radio as an xmas pressie :() but pronto's upstairs would not be an
option :(

> From what you've said I'm assuming that at the moment you do
> not have a
> controller running and that is essential in doing what you want to
> achieve here and it will open a whole host of opportunities for you.

I've been looking @ Homeseer, but haven't yet had the time to play with it
properly.  I am going to
resurrect a 1/2 built PC as a home controller to run this, CDJ, etc to
control everything once my
4 port serial controller arrives.
ATM, HV is not an option, but knowing me as I do, if it turns out that HV
will do more for me than HS,
then I may well (eventually) end up with that.

As I have said, rewiring the house is not on the cards, so I really just
want to start small and say,
automate the Zamps (which started this conversation all those posts ago!),
then add in the TV etc etc.
Not that I'll be saving huge amounts of power or anything, but it'll be
simple, it'll be a start....

Do you know if I would be able to get HS (or HV) to 'capture' the LW10U
signal so that when I switch it
on, it will in fact tell it to go to 10% or something to stop the glaring
lights effect?

> All the rest is just programming really, the hard part is getting the
> hardware then getting the hardware where you want it.

And then figuring out what to do with it and how to do it!

Actually, just looking at the powerflash module (getting back to
controlling
the ZAmps,
the blurb says 'sends an X10 signal to receiver devices when a contact
closure is made
or a low voltage (6-18V AC, DC or Audio) is applied to its terminals'
suggesting I could trigger it from the line level input to it?
Or would it be unsuitable because every gap between the music would cause
an
off and then on signal to be sent?
Also, I'm a bit wary of introducing noise to my audio signals - have you
ever experienced this with X10 and audio?

cheers,

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com