Secret Switch & LD11's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Secret Switch & LD11's
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:35:43 +0000

I've just spoken to Bruno at sensor.co.uk, and he is going to test their
operation with an LD11 today and let me know the results later.

He anticipates that there should be no problem, and that the secret switch
should be able to handle both the "press & release" action to
do on/off
control, and also the "press & hold" action to do local
dimming. (although
in this case of course, the "press" part isn't actually a press
at all, just
a queen-mother-esque wave in front of the switch plate!)

Fingers crossed...

Stop Press: - he just called me back, - says it works fine...

tested with the model that uses a low-voltage (5V) sensor probe, which is
about the size of a postage stamp, and is remoted from the switch unit on
any old piece of wire, including bell-wire, CAT5, etc... Multiple sensors
can be connected in parallel to the switch unit, so there can be multiple
"hot-spots" in the wall. The LV side is opto-isolated from the
mains side.
the switch unit is slightly larger than a matchbox, & has terminals for
the
5V sensor inputs. Live & Neutral in, and switched load out. the switch
contains a relay that is normally latched, but by removing the controller
chip it reverts to a momentary operation.

Based on this, I'm going to order one up & test it out....

Paul G.