RE: In praise of Overclockers.co.uk

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: In praise of Overclockers.co.uk
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:34:14 -0000

> As you gathered Tim (from our last conversation) I am
> a big fan of Overclockers (mainly cos they are on my
> doorstep and I visit about twice a week).=20
> Picture this,a pc store where the salesman actually
> know about their products, not just the crap on the
> box, but exactly how they perform (often to
> destruction). Salesman who dont blag you, if they dont
> know, they go find someone who does. A store that will
> give you sound advice when purchasing (most expensive
> isn't always best for the customer !!!) A store who
> help you when your chosen hardware wont work with your
> existing hardware. I could go on but I wont. I used to
> visit computer fairs regularly.. now I wont touch em
> with a barge pole. Suffice to say that Overclockers
> get =A32-3000 of my business each year, plus at least as
> much refered business..(I work in environmental
> health, so that is private business).
> I am sorry to go on, but in my humble opinion, this is
> one of the few PC companies who aren't failed mobile
> phone salesmen, but are genuinely dedicated to their
> profession and are technically competant. (And yeah,
> Gibbo is now a friend of mine)

Does overclocking a PC (hence taking it outside its reliable specs) and
overclocked memory really have anything to do with Home Automation?
Surely we're looking for PC that are reliable (or quiet) but not the
last word in wringing frames out of the latest game?

Hey ... I'm not the one complaining about OT posts! *chuckle*

Phil