The key things about the DDAR/Rio patch

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: The key things about the DDAR/Rio patch
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk1" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:02:30 -0000

I too had problems doing this, this is what I learnt:

1: Don't try to do this unless you're starting with the (PC) software
that contains receiver.arf. If you have an older version with
the "something else".arf then get and install the _full_ new
version
first! (If you need a copy, mail me off-list.)

2: You then need to down load the arf-merger utility AND the receiver
patch and merge them as per the instructions in the README on empeg's
site.

3: The receiver.arf you finish up with should be 6.85 Mb (ie the size
that Stuart and I got).

4: Once you've installed the new receiver.arf and restarted the (PC)
server software, you need to HARD reboot the DDAR (ie - pull out the
power cable), not just press the on-off button.

5: When you hard reboot, you need to keep the power cable about for
about 5-10 seconds to actually reboot. Otherwise there's enough power
left in the capacitors to keep it alive!

6: Finally, if you have more than one receiver, then you'll need to
re-check which IP is which after the installation of the new
receiver.arf

Hope this helps.

Mark
*not watching Pop Idol*