RE: Second Opinion Needed? Central Heating Automation on the cheeep..

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Second Opinion Needed? Central Heating Automation on the cheeep..
  • From: "MartinHA" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:59:44 -0000

I also thought about upgrading my heating this way.
Instead I wired up HV with two handy little relay boxes in parallel with
the existing timer and then also used the digital temp. sensors for
extra control (the house we moved into didn't even have a thermostat!).
The system works perfectly and now I can see what the temperature
readings on the TV.
I recently purchased a telephone card from maplin which will allows dial
in and switching of relays. Now I can turn the heating on from my
Mobile...

Martin.