RE: In praise of Overclockers.co.uk

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: In praise of Overclockers.co.uk
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:35:43 -0000

They're a PC supplier. They sell the same stuff as DABS, but they can
actually give you advice.

But as Simon has already mentioned, they also stock all the kit so you
can construct a quiet PC. I'm about to order some Asaka Pax Mate from
them which is basically a rubber sticky mat that you stick to the inside
of your PC case to absorb noise. They also sell rounded HD cables to
improve airflow through the case so you can run lower spec fans.

The list goes on.

OK so I did manage to get my PC running stably last night at 190FSB (380
Mhz memory bandwidth!), but I was just having fun.

I managed to get my hands on a multiplier unlocked Athlon 1600 XP on
Friday. I've ordered the stuff to unlock the 1500 I've already got
(silver conductive paint and a magnifying glass!) I'll be offering for
sale the slowest of the two on this forum (It will perform to at least
XP 1800 + specs) at a knock-down price in about a week or so.

The only application that I can think of that is HA related, is editing
all that video that you guys seem to capture :) When you are trying to
edit in real-time you can't have enough power. For general office/web
apps a PIII 1GHz is more than enough.

I should have qualified my post more. Don't let the name Overclockers
put you off. Many on this forum build or upgrade their own PCs.
Overclockers are an alternative to the salesmen who get lost when you
ask questions that aren't answered on their script.

Besides that its far more on topic than "Cheesey chips"!

Tim