RE: X10 addressing

One thing to bear in mind Tony:
mini-timers and such can only address, say 1-8 devices on a single
housecode,
so if (before you go Homevision/CM11+Homeseer) you want to have things
happen automagically
(like lights coming on at the same time each night for instance) it's worth
"saving" the lower numbers for those devices.

Thanks.  Not an issue at the moment as I wouldn't know what to do with a minitimer if I had one, but worth bearing in mind!
Why do they make these modules with sill limitations like that? :(

also, renumbering is no big deal.. we are talking a couple of dozen modules
at most, yeah?

Who know's how many modules I'll end up with? :-)

What I have settled on is..

Thanks for your suggestions.  I think I'll go with the Keith/Mark idea though of using one letter per room.  I don't have enough rooms that I'll need to split letters across rooms (well, not yet anyway :-))

cheers,

Tony