Wireless Lan for dummies

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Wireless Lan for dummies
  • From: "zrowdyates" <rowdy@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 22:22:37 -0000

Sorry guys, but I've lost the plot here a bit. Could someone explain
in simple terms what I would need for a wireless lan, is it a simple
case of wireless cards in each PC? The reason I ask is following some
of the previous posts, I've looked at the likes of Dabs and they also
do things like gateways, which are more expensive, what are these for?

Any help would be greatley appreciated or any pointers to further
information.

Thanks,

Keith